You Hide Me: 50 Years On
Posted on 30th September, 2020 in Featured
About this Event
- Errol Francis (CEO, Culture& Org)
- Didi Cheeka (filmmaker, curator and archivist)
- Awa Konaté (writer, curator, Founder of Culture Art Society (CAS)
- Dr Polly Savage, Lecturer in Art History of Africa, SOAS
- Prof Kofi Opoku Asare (Institute of African Studies (IAS), University of Ghana)
- Kwate Nii Owoo (filmmaker – You Hide Me, Founder of Media Research Unit, (IAS), University of Ghana)
Attendance is free but space is limited so get your ticket early! Those with tickets will receive details of how to attend the event, and watch the film You Hide Me, closer to the time. Donations to the June Givanni Pan African Cinema Archive GoFundMe page would be appreciated, but are not required.
This event is part of the “African Screen Worlds: Decolonising Film and Screen Studies” project. This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (grant agreement number 819236). We are grateful to the European Research Council for their support. The event is also part of our regular seminar series at the SOAS Centre for Creative Industries, Media and Screen Studies.
The other webinars that are part of this series will be held on 20 October, 3-4.30pm (AFFORD) and on 29 October, 7-8.30pm (THE AFRICA CENTRE).